Ridley Park Online

Ridley Park's Online Digital Community

The Lake and The Ducks in Ridley Park, PA

Views: 182

You need to be a member of Ridley Park Online to add comments!

Join Ridley Park Online

Comment by Howard McCoy on March 2, 2016 at 3:17pm

LOL Linda, Actually odd geese in number of 5, 7, 9, are called gooses, geese are even numbers...strange but Dictionary.com truth.  See the new geese video here

Comment by Linda Shockley on March 2, 2016 at 2:34pm

Well, geese are odd birds so odd numbers are appropriate :-)

Comment by Howard McCoy on March 2, 2016 at 9:37am

@Linda: I saw that I handily edited out the duck footage so I've created a second version properly titled "The Lake and The Geese of Ridley Park, Pa, 19078, USA." I'll post it today...thank you for your hawkeye on the ducks vs geese...there's also a goose vs geese versus gooses that needed consideration by headcount, so I choose geese for 1, 2, 4, 8, and 10; whereas gooses are used for odd numbers like 5–7.

See the new geese video here

Comment by Howard McCoy on March 2, 2016 at 9:25am

The Largest haul from The Lake that I've been involved with was May/2010 when over 500 pounds was removed.

Comment by Howard McCoy on March 2, 2016 at 9:23am

2015 Lake Clean-up Crew and Debris

Comment by Howard McCoy on March 2, 2016 at 9:22am

2012 Lake Clean-up Crew and Debris

Comment by Howard McCoy on March 2, 2016 at 9:20am

Every year the amount of debris in The Lake changes. The 19th annual clean-up, clean out at the Lake this year is April 30 - Please come out join in You don't have to get into the water or do anything that's yucky. Plastic bags are provided and yes, folks get into the water and recover all the shopping carts, tires, bar stools, bicycles, blocks, and trash cans that end up in the water every year.

You can see past albums of the debris and the clean up efforts online through this link.

Comment by Parkergirl on February 26, 2016 at 6:51pm

I think everyone is appalled about the condition of not only the lake but all of our recreational parks. Just recently while at a doctors appointment with my mother, the subject of memorial benches came up with an aide. She was inquiring about one for her father. She wanted to know cost, (I told her what I paid) etc. I told her to go take a look at the lake closely and she may change her mind. Two weeks later, when we saw her again, she told me she would never pay to have a memorial bench down there. She was appalled at the trash, the floating debris and the border of the lake. My question would be...if we can spruce the lake up for the fireworks and the Victorian Fair and spend days to weeks cleaning it up so it looks good for the out-of-towners that come in for these events, why can't it be maintained regularly?

Comment by Linda Shockley on February 26, 2016 at 4:20pm

I looked again; all I see are geese. Doesn't help that there's a sun glare thing going on.

Comment by RidleyParkOnline on February 26, 2016 at 2:12pm

Yep, Linda, the guy on the thumbnail is a goose, however there are a few ducks in ther - just not on the thumbnail...lol