Ridley Park's Online Digital Community
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Advisory for Ridley Park which remains in effect from 11:00AM today through 6PM Friday evening, July 8, 2016. An Excessive Heat Advisory means that high atmospheric temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses can happen quickly.
Heat index values will climb up to 100ºF this afternoon, Thursday and Friday. Night time temperatures will remain in the 70's
The National Weather Service recommends residents take the usual precautions:
- Reschedule strenuous activities until morning or evening
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing
- Increase your water consumption and decrease your alcohol and caffeine consumption
- Never leave children or pets in parked vehicle
- Stay out of the sun and keep in the shade when possible
- Check in on relatives and neighbors
- Keep your pets cool and provide plenty of water
Heat exhaustion and Heat Stroke require immediate medical attention. DIAL 911 for all emergencies.
|Heat Stroke||Heat Exhaustion|
|Nausea and vomiting||Nausea|
|Dry skin, decreased sweating||Wet skin, sweating profusely|
|Hot, flushed, dry skin||Cold, clammy skin|
|Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)||Slowed or weakened heartbeat (bradycardia)|
|High body temp (104ºF - 106ºF)||Excessive thirst|
|Delirium or loss of consciousness||Confusion or anxiety|
|Convulsions||Muscle aches and cramps|
Heat stroke can occur without the preceding symptoms of heat exhaustion. Anyone with symptoms of heat exhaustion requires immediate medical care - Dial 911 on your phone for emergency assistance in Ridley Park.